Sunday, October 17, 2010

Turned Off

I've been trying out a bit of an experiment this week: From time to time, I turn my computer off. Just now, I fired it up after not paying any attention to it for the entire afternoon.

Since my computer is a basic desktop model -- not a laptop -- I have the tendency to keep it turned on all the time. When I'm away from my desk, it goes into suspend mode. I generally like the idea that it's always available to me so I can check email and blog stats, read my news feeds, look up anything that comes to mind or play one of several games. As my main "social" outlet, it often takes the place of going somewhere to hang out with others.

Lately, however, I have been trying to allow my mind to clear somewhat. With so much information flowing into me lil' noggin from the web, my brain sometimes freezes because of the overload of data. I'm certainly NOT planning to walk away from this blog and the internet experience, but I do realize it will do me some good not to be so married to my computer.

With that said, I now need to catch up on my email and news feeds. So, I'll see ya in a bit. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.