Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Tao of Dark Sages - Chapter 6, Part 3

The Tao of Dark Sages
by Scott Bradley


How exactly do we enjoy our self? It’s a silly question, I know. But when I try it I find I don’t know what to do.

How does one get water from an artesian well? Or take a shower in a waterfall? Spend time with your self in meditation and you will find it flowing out to meet you.

One thing I am wondering is: When I enjoy my self, who is it that is enjoying?

Whoa!! Hasty, hasty, Grasshopper!! Well, you are there, so keep on climbing your stairs. But don’t forget to enjoy your self along the way. And, when next we meet, I shall gladly sit before you and be helped up my stairs!

Have I missed something?

Not something that I am qualified to discuss. What Grasshopper has realized is that to enjoy one’s self is to transcend one’s self. If it is indeed the self that I enjoy, then who precisely is the enjoyer? And to discover that is to take yet another step up the stairs. Grasshopper?

If you're interested in reading more from this series by Scott Bradley, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.