Friday, October 1, 2010

So Very Sad

The news that a freshman at Rutgers University committed suicide last week should cause anyone to take pause. It is alleged that the young man's roommate and another student surreptitiously filmed him having a sexual encounter and streamed it live on the internet. Of course, there is consideration of charging the two with a hate crime since the suicide victim appears to be gay and his roommate appears to have found this disgusting.

Personally, I find the actions of the roommate and friend to be disgusting! What right did they have to do such a thing? Who in their right mind would think this was okay?

I'd write more, but this is one of those cases where I find myself at a loss for words. All I know is that this whole situation is incredibly sad.

1 comment:

  1. You're not the only one stunned by this.

    I had to read the story twice, I just couldn't believe what I was reading the first time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.