Wednesday, October 6, 2010

One Sock On

I have often thought it would be interesting to set up a video camera in my bedroom to film me...sleeping. For the most part, it would be a very boring film. On most nights, I get in my preferred position -- on my left side -- and I awaken in the morning in that same basic position. Some nights, however, I must move around a bit because, when I wake up later, either I'm in a different position or I've lost an article of clothing.

As is not uncommon with people who suffer from fibromyalgia, I have trouble with neuropathy in my feet. More often than not, the problem is that my feet get cold and feel like blocks of ice, though they sometimes get hot and feel like balls of fire. To combat the former, I generally wear thick socks to bed.

Last night I wore thick socks PLUS some little booties. As I climbed up off the floor this morning, I noticed that my left foot was n-a-k-e-d. I didn't wake up once last night -- an oddity in and of itself -- so how did I shed the bootie PLUS the thick sock?

Back when I was in college, I remember a time when I went to sleep with me noggin at the southwest head of my bed, but I woke up in the morning with my head at the northeast foot of the bed. And yes, my head was attached to the rest of me!! How and why did I completely switch my orientation on my bed?

Though Della doesn't move while asleep like she used to -- which is one of the reasons I decided to sleep in a different bed years ago -- she used to be a very agitated sleeper. When we first moved in together, I'd often be jarred awake from being kicked or punched. I once went to work with a black eye -- courtesy of my new bride's left elbow!!

I sure wish that episode would have been caught on film.

1 comment:

  1. i talk in my sleep so it would be an entertaining video, albeit a waste of batteries to tape an entire night.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.