Wednesday, October 13, 2010

An Accident Waiting to Happen

I just returned home from a visit to the local ER. I have banged up my right shoulder a bit more AND I sprained my right ankle. What have I done now? This evening I was going down the back steps toward the basement to fetch some more wood for the fireplace. Somewhere near the bottom third of the staircase I took a tumble.

I landed on my bad shoulder and rolled my ankle. I'm lying there in a heap at the bottom of the back steps in wet grass and I realized that, since my wife was in the front of the house on the main floor, chances were remote that she would hear me screaming. So, after rolling around cursing and moaning for a good 5 to 10 minutes, I crawled up the steps to the deck and was able to get my wife's attention.

I should probably head off to bed now since my ankle is numb from nearly 2 hours of having it wrapped in ice. I usually hate it when one of my feet gets this cold, but under these circumstances, it's not such a bad thing!

1 comment:

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.