Tuesday, September 21, 2010

In The Beginning

While I include posts about random ruminations each day, one set of features that I'm sure regular readers are becoming accustomed to are the three daily ongoing series entries: Tao Te Ching: Line by Line; Tao Bible; and The Tao of Dark Sages (by Scott Bradley). To give you an idea about how long these series are scheduled to last, let's take a brief look at where we are now in each one.

When we reach the two month point in the Line by Line series (October 8), we will just be setting off into Verse 9. This means that we will have covered only around 10% of the verses. Utilizing a very rough estimation, it means we have approximately 18 months to go. In other words, if the rate of posts remains about the same as it is now, this series won't wrap up until the early months of 2012. (My goodness, what have I gotten myself into?)

While an 18-month project may seem like a long time, I'm beginning to wonder if the Tao Bible series may last even longer. I'm 6 weeks in and I'm still working my way through the Book of Exodus, only the second book of 66. I won't be surprised at all if this series lasts into the middle of 2012 or beyond. (My goodness, what was I thinking?)

Of the three daily ongoing series, Scott's current work will be the shortest, though he's sent me several more stories and essays that, once I read them thoroughly, will more than likely be featured here. The Tao of Dark Sages will probably last until sometime in November of THIS year.

So, if you find yourself home sick with the flu or you incur some type of injury that requires you to stay off your feet AND you're interested in reading some Taoist ramblings, I think we've got ya covered!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.