Saturday, September 11, 2010

Crack of Dawn

Hopefully, if you read this around the time it posts, I'll be asleep. I am rarely asleep now, but I have to get up at 3:00 a.m. -- around the time I usually head off TO bed -- to take my wife to Aberdeen to catch a bus. She is headed off to a big union meeting near Seattle for the weekend.

Originally, our plan had been for me to take Della to Aberdeen on Friday night and have her stay in a motel. It's been several years since I last checked motel prices and, like everything else, said prices are a lot higher than they use to be. The least expensive room I could find would run about $75!!! It's not worth it...though I may think differently as I drive bleary-eyed through the Willapa Hills in a few hours. :-(

Addendum: Of course, I'm NOT asleep. It's too early. I went to bed a little after 11:00 p.m. and all I did was lay there staring at the ceiling. So now, I'm sitting here at my computer DREADING the drive in two hours. I dread it because it's upsetting my routine and, as a very regimented person, I get freaky when my patterned existence is altered.

It's a really weird sensation. I'm going to drive a route I've probably driven 100 times before. It's an easy drive and something I could almost do in my sleep. Yet, here I sit with a knot in my stomach and my pulse racing. It doesn't seem to matter what my rational mind thinks of the situation; the neurons in my brain seem to fire on their own.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.