Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ode to Scott

When Part 10 of Punishing Heaven posts at 4:03 a.m., it will be the last post of his writings for the foreseeable future. Unlike me, Scott hasn't been writing these fabulous essays as we go along. He sent them to me awhile back in several batches. I feel greatly humbled and honored that he has granted me the privilege of sharing them with you in this venue.

Will his work ever grace this blog in the future? I can't answer that question. While the door certainly remains open, each writer writes at their own pace in their own time. In a recent email to me, Scott indicated that he wasn't in a "writing place" right now and is unsure when, and if, he will find this place again. I'm certainly NOT in a position to demand more and, even if I was in such a position, I wouldn't do it.

The magic of Scott's gift comes from going with the flow and only he can discern when, and if, said flow will bring him back our way someday [soon].

I would be lying if I wrote that it matters to me not! I have thoroughly enjoyed sharing his work with you and I would be honored to do it again and again.

For now, I guess you all are just going to have to put up with my rambling cat scratchings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.