Friday, July 16, 2010

Sweet Delights

When it comes to sweet delectables, the combination of peanut butter and chocolate tends to send me to dessert heaven. Growing up -- though I wasn't a big eater of candy -- my favorite packaged confection was Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. On Halloween Night, I would trade gobs and gobs of my haul for just a few of the cups!

This past week I've treated myself to two of my most favorite varieties of my preferred combination. The Cottage Bakery & Delicatessen in Long Beach (south county) makes the most heavenly peanut butter and chocolate muffins I have ever tasted! Each visit to my orthopedic surgeon in Ilwaco -- Long Beach is a scant 3 miles away -- provides me with a ready excuse to buy myself one, two or three of these sweet delights. Since I limit myself to one such muffin per day, if I buy three muffins, that means two additional days of supreme taste bud happiness.

Of course, I've been told that almost ANYTHING they sell at The Cottage Bakery is fantastic. While all their other pastries and baked goods look yummy, as an aspie, once I find something I like I stick with it. So, while I have been tempted in the past to try something else, I always end up ordering the same thing. Not that I'm complaining, mind you!

While the muffin goes to the top of my list, there's another scrumptious treat that comes in 1A and it's more readily accessible. Slater's Diner in Raymond -- just 4 miles from where I live -- makes a Peanut Butter and Chocolate Gooey Cake to die for! Not only that, but they also sell a Greek Salad that is just as tasty -- I ate both today.

Slater's is my favorite area restaurant by default. As I live in an area that boasts to being the oyster capital of the world, it's one of the few eateries that offers some vegetarian selections for a non-meat-eater like me.

I'd type more, but I want to enjoy my gooey cake buzz!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.