Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cool as a Cucumber

When I checked WeatherBug this afternoon to see if our official temperature had nudged above 60 degrees -- it hadn't! -- I saw the following weather headline: U.S. Bakes As Heat Extends From Coast to Coast. According to the report,
Powerful summer heat is searing a large area of real estate in the U.S. from the Southwest to Mid-Atlantic. This latest summer heat wave will continue through the weekend with the worst weather gripping the Desert Southwest as highs exceed 110 degrees.

Temperatures in the 90s and 100s will be common again today across much of the U.S., with the hottest temperatures found in the Desert Southwest.
Obviously, heat isn't gripping the ENTIRE nation! Just like today, we have struggled for most all of the past week to get above 60 or so each day. Last night I actually had to turn my bedroom heater on!

I suppose we could say that southwest Washington is providing the yin for the rest y'alls yang.

1 comment:

  1. enjoy it for me i need a break from this heat, my youngest and myself cant rest at all- though all the boys inc my husband can. i had to cook yesterday, a marathon of making four doubled up meals. it gets even more insanely hot running the stove and oven- i cook most everything from scratch which is tastier and necessary to stay on our food budget. at least i dont have to worry about that for a few days.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.