Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Bit of a Scare

Back in March, I had a computer meltdown. It took quite a while to figure out the problem. I finally loaded a version of Linux and this involved a steep learning curve. In time, however, I've become familiar enough with this operating system that I'm really beginning to like it. Unlike Windows, it doesn't freeze up and I've only had one or two automatic reboots in 4 months.

One of the things I've wanted to do to improve my computer performance was to add a bit more memory. I set out to do just that today. Unfortunately, after I loaded the new memory, my computer wouldn't boot. I had to dicker around with it for several hours until I finally located the problem. It's working now, but with even less memory than what I started with!

Still, being without a working computer for some time today caused a bit of initial panic. I realize that, if I allowed my mood to drop, I would stand little chance of figuring out the problem. So, I'm going to chalk up today's experience to a bit of wisdom learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.