Sunday, June 20, 2010

Oh, The Cruel Irony of It All

Early this morning I was all set to utilize my first quote from Do Nothing. It had to do with the intersection of attachment and pain. Immodestly, I was going to write about how I've conquered this dichotomy to some degree.

I had spent some time plotting the direction of the post and making a mental outline. Since I write these missives directly in the composer window in Blogger, I went to open up my administrative panel. Nothing happened -- blank screen with a little hourglass in place of the cursor. I tried again with the same result.

Hmmmmmm. What's going on? I tried to check my email and couldn't connect to any server. Just in case it was a strictly local problem, I rebooted (something I've rarely needed to do with Linux). Still no connection with any servers.

Arghh! My ISP obviously had gone down.

This caused immediate discomfort as I've grown very ATTACHED to my internet connection and my ability to surf the internet. One could even go as far as to say this circumstance caused a degree of mental PAIN.

Consequently, I've decided NOT to try to replicate the post I had planned to pen this morning.

Funny how life works that way sometimes. It sure has a way of bringing our lofty opinions of ourselves back down to earth!

1 comment:

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.