Tuesday, June 22, 2010

New Voices Along the Path XIX

With this post, I'll finally be caught up with introducing you to all the new links added in the Taoist Wanderers section in the right sidebar. I hope I don't allow myself to get so far behind again! If you know of a Taoist-based link not shown here, drop me a line.

Belief in Life
I can't copy and paste their introductory statement because they've disabled this function because of worries of plagiarism. They advertise themselves as the "New Naturalist Assembly" which is a combination of Daoist, Existentialist, Naturalist, Objectivist and Pantheist thought.

81 Months in Contemplation
I am a soul that recently became aware that it was. Nothing has spoken to me as clearly as Teilhard de Chardin’s quote “We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.”

I am writing this blog for many reasons. I love to write and I missed it. I am capable of transforming myself so I want to start today. Based on results, I don’t finish what I start. I will finish this. I fear confrontation and criticism. I will take comments, ackowledge them, learn from them, and learn to let go.


Houston Elemental Tai Chi
Tai Chi Chuan (taijiquan, or taiji) is an ancient Chinese martial art, practiced by most as a health exercise. Characterized by slow, flowing movements that can approach a state often called "meditation in motion", it offers a gentle, nonagressive approach to strengthening muscles and cultivating chi (qi), the essence of our breath/life energy.

Too much of modern life is devoted to rushing through our "multitasking" activities. For practitioners, taiji is the perfect counterpoint: to slow down, de-stress, and re-focus our lives as we regain a connection to our inner being. This is not some spaced-out sense of feeling good: it provides very real and noticeable physical benefits, external as well as internal.


Meeting the Shadow
Just a simple blog about moving through midlife as a recently (to be) divorced man, nearing age 50. Mixes in a little Taoism along the way.

Tao Ox
A look at a variety of martial arts, Taoist beliefs, and what ever else comes up.

Taoist Path
The Taoist Path School of Alchemy has been designed as an interactive platform for Master Pedram Shojai to be able to teach, consult with, and update students of Qi Gong. Pedram will be conducting a number of seminars and retreats throughout the year and this website will be the “glue” which will allow students to continue learning from home.

Non-English Blogs
Daoism (Romanian)
Urban Daoist (French)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.