Monday, June 7, 2010

Daodejing, Verse 21

Daodejing - Other Voices
The Tao, The Way, The Theory, The Method, The Idea, ... and the list goes on. The Tao could be an interpretation of all of the above terms. I have been trying to make sense with the verses in the Tao Ching of the Tao Te Ching. The more I try, the less I get. Then, I kind of get it. This is exactly what Taoism is trying to teach us.

Less is more! More becomes less.

I opened up my research the second time. Verse 21 appeared right in front of my face. It’s the verse, “Accept”:

“Harmony is only in following the Way.

The Way is without form or quality,
But expresses all forms and qualities;
The Way is hidden and implicate,
But expresses all of nature;
The Way is unchanging,
But expresses all motion.

Beneath sensation and memory
The Way is the source of all the world.
How can I understand the source of the world?
By accepting.”

Everything has its natural existing meaning. Everything is also up for interpretation. It is difficult to make the meaning make sense to daily life or even to my own understanding. However, verse 21 teaches us to “accept”. Just accepting what makes sense on the surface would be a way to approach the whole ideology. The first step is to accept what your capacity is capable to understand. Later, it will all come if it becomes significant with one’s life.
~ from Yoga Vancouver, author Danny Pui-Lung Lau, Original post date: not listed ~
This post is part of a series. For an introduction, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.