Friday, May 14, 2010

So Long, I'm Outta Here!

No, I'm NOT going anyplace. As a rather antisocial bloke, I relish the blogging experience. It provides me with an outlet I wouldn't have otherwise. No, the title for this post was motivated by yet another one of the blogs I read announcing it was coming to an end.

I used to get sort of emotional about losing a virtual reading post, but I'm handling it far better these days. During our lives, we each walk on many different paths. Some paths are long and winding. Others are very brief.

We often dabble in new experiences. It's like trying on a new pair of shoes to see if they feel comfortable when we walk. After trying them out, we may decide they pinch our toes or leave blisters on the balls of our feet. Unless a person is a masochist, you take off those shoes and try on a different pair.

Blogging is like a pair of shoes.

I have often read comments by those closing their blogs that they are tired of writing about life and want to live it more vitally instead. I see nothing wrong with this sentiment at all. Some people simply don't need to spend their time punching out posts and it's a good thing that they've grown to recognize this. Other people -- like yours truly -- NEED to write. I love the process of putting pen to paper, so to speak.

I will continue to read those blogs that remain on my list. I feel privileged to be able to share a portion of the writer's journey. When we come to a fork in the virtual road, I will wish them well and be thankful for the opportunity they extended to get to know them through their writings.

3 comments:

  1. Keep writing. It gives many of us inspiration in our lives. I enjoy visiting your site and knowing that a new post will be up.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tao Wow is coming back to life now. I have made 365 posts on Daily Cup of Tao so now have nowhere else to go than back to my old home.

    So it did close, for a while, but is back.

    Such is the flow of life, and blogs, and shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aasin,
    I don't know what I would do with myself if I couldn't write -- maybe go crazier? :-D

    Ta Wan,
    Yes, I'm aware of this and added it back to my Google Reader several days ago.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.