Monday, May 24, 2010

New Voices Along the Path XV

It hasn't even been one month since the last installment, but I've been adding a lot of links to the Taoist Wanderers section on the right sidebar. The link count for this section alone now stands at 163. So, before I get too far behind, here are some more new voices along the path.

Daoism/Taoism Blog
What can I tell you? This is a very odd blog. It defies description. You'll have to check it out for yourself!

Daoist Qigong
Daoist qigong is a spiritual discipline that cultivates body and mind simultaneously. Originally called daoyin, which means 'guiding the flow of internal energy (qi), it has been practiced for over two thousand years in China. Laozi, the founder of Daoism, was said to have been the first to practice techniques of conserving, gathering, cultivating, nourishing, and transforming energies that are the source of a healthy body and a clear mind. The techniques of Daoist qigong were systematized during the Han dynasty (3rd century BCE to 3rd century CE) by the father of Chinese medicine Hua Tu. From then on daoyin, or qigong, has been incorporated into Daoist spiritual practices up to the present day.

Elizabeth's Taoism Blog
Elizabeth Reninger is a freelance writer and Taoist practitioner, currently living in Boulder, Colorado. She is a practitioner of the Taoist arts of qigong, acupuncture, tuina and poetry; and has been exploring the terrain of Inner Alchemy (Yoga/Qigong in various forms) for upwards of twenty-five years. She has had the privilege and good fortune of receiving instruction from a number of great Taoist, Buddhist and Hindu Teachers.

Mountains, flowers, & poetry - and those Beings who somehow (in large or small ways) embody the essence of mountains, flowers & poetry - have been a continuing source of guidance and inspiration. A deep bow of gratitude to you all! In defense of attempting the ultimately impossible task of talking about Daoism, I will cite the words of the Daoist poet, Lu Ji: "Out of non-being, being is born; out of silence, the writer produces a song."


I Ching on the Net
The I Ching or "Book of Changes" is an ancient Chinese divination manual and book of wisdom. Especially since the 1960's, its poetic text and extraordinary symbolism — to say nothing of its strange effectiveness in divination — have gained it a following in the West.

These pages provide links to I Ching resources on the Internet, and include a brief introduction to the I Ching and to my own translation, Rediscovering the I Ching, with my versions of hexagram 1 Strong Action, and hexagram 21 Biting Through.


Lucky Honu
This is a fun site. You type in your question and The Oracle provides an answer from the I Ching. What will you ask it?

1yogi2many
If you keep looking at life through a dirty window you'll never see or understand what's really going on because the first thing you'll see is the muck on the window of your life. The intelligent thing to do is to STOP right here and NOW to clean it . . . Of course the real problem is that most people are stuck so far up their own backsides all they can see is their own excrement; and that’s on a good day . . . . . . So, the only way you’ll ever see beyond the crap in your life will be to remove your head; POP . . . ah, that’s better, no more excrement! Now there's a chance that you can clean the windows of your eyes and start to see things more clearly . . . But what do I mean? Ah, read on . . .

Tao Te Chill
One does not attain chill immediately; it requires great practice and form. The first step in attaining chill is the path of least resistance. One must live in harmony with the world. A chill life abides by the natural forces in our world. One must seek the path that comes naturally. Follow this path and you will find harmony in life.

The Great Tao
This site provides a lot of articles that discuss Taoism from many angles. It provides good information for someone interested in learning more about this ancient philosophy.

The Philosophy of Me
I am a published author; my first book “My Descent into Madness.” is a collection of poems I wrote while in a deep depression and was meant to be my final words to my family. Through a series of events and with the love and support of my family I was able to emerge from the darkness.

I am currently working on a children’s book series, theology book, and two other poem books. I am the founder of The Bucket List Foundation. This non-profit was created to enrich the lives of our elderly, and to ensure no one dies alone. I enjoy blogging because it keeps my mind fresh and allows me to express my thoughts and feelings.


The Sacred & the Space In Between
My name is Siroj Sorajjakool. I was born and raised in Bangkok, Thailand and was privileged to pursue my undergraduate in Singapore, my graduate degree in religion from India, and my doctorate in California. I have one son, one wife, and I believe in one God. My current position is professor of religion, psychology, and counseling at Loma Linda University. My training is in the application Christianity and Eastern philosophy to the field of spirituality and mental health. My area of teaching consists mainly of spirituality in relation to health and mental health. In the past couple of years I have been involved in a number of qualitative research such as spirituality and cancer, spirituality and chronic pain, spirituality and chronic depression and I am starting another study on spirituality and schizophrenia. One burden that weighs heavily on me is the issue of poverty and children who are at-risk for sex trafficking and prostitution. I hope to be able to touch some lives while I am still breathing.

Regarding the concept “The Sacred and the Space in Between,” I’ve come to believe that the Sacred in life is that space in between. It is both/and. And it is neither. It stands between the good and the bad, the beautiful and the ugly, the heaven and the earth, the joy and the sorrow, life and death.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the summing up of these links. I'll be sure to look into a few of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the luckyhonu.com site. Thanks for linking to it as it led me to your blog! What a great blog you have! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.