Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm Off to See the Wizard

About the time this gets posted, I'll be in the lovely town of Centralia, WA for my first visit to my new orthopedic surgeon. As is not atypical, I'm a bit anxious to see where I stand. I expect that, at some point, I'm going to have to make a decision re surgery for my ailing hip, my bum shoulder or both.

Of course, as this is my first of many visits, I understand that I may not learn as much today as I might hope. Since I will need to make another trip soon specifically to deal with the shoulder -- Medicaid rules stipulate that only one part of the body can be dealt with at an initial consultation -- there's a good chance that I won't be in the position yet to make an informed choice.

I'll let you know if anything definitive comes out of today's appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.