Friday, April 16, 2010

From Tears to Laughter

While performing one of my frequent searches for blogs that reference Taoism, I came across one -- Life With Wade -- that has little to do with the topic. I found it only because the particular blogger used a quote by Lao Tzu. Fortunately, once I realized that Taoism wasn't the blog's chief or secondary focus, I kept reading anyway. What I soon discovered is that the woman who hosts said blog is a marvelous writer!!

It turns out that she is the caregiver for a man named Wade -- a gentleman who is in the throes of a worsening decline due to Alzheimer's Disease. I've only read a little more than ten of her posts thus far, but, in what I have read, I found myself sometimes laughing hysterically, on the verge of tears, frightened, alarmed, saddened and/or amazed beyond belief.

As a former social worker, I thought I had a really good handle on what Alzheimer's is all about. In reading this blog, I now realize that I don't know half as much as I thought I did!!

If you're interested in learning more about this progressive disease, I strongly urge you to check out Life With Wade. I know that I will be following it closely in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.