Friday, February 5, 2010

What They Didn't Tell Me

There are a number of things the dentist and denturist didn't tell me prior to my procedure. First, no one mentioned that the inside of my mouth would closely resemble raw hamburger. Second, I don't recall anyone pointing out to me that, for the first two weeks or so, I wouldn't be allowed to eat anything solid. In fact, I just learned it will be approximately TWO MONTHS before I can eat raw vegetables or popcorn. The third and most important thing that nobody bothered to mention is that for the first week or two after surgery I would need to be on pain medication that makes me completely loopy.

To show just how loopy I am, it took me nearly 15 minutes to type the above paragraph.

7 comments:

  1. wow! Good luck, not that luck will help... but. best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all I can think of to say is hang in there. It must get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most beneficial way to eat is creating bisques. When my wife had her tonsils removed last year I made bisques for almost 2 weeks. It enabled her to drink dinner with minimal discomfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi R T

    Oh my, I feel so bad for ya andm y knees get weak as I imagine your painful condition'. I hope it is better than you think.

    Love you
    Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really sucks old man but you will be getting better everyday. Kefir and yogurt are nice and cool and will help. A roasted vege broth will help as well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.