Sunday, January 3, 2010

Wen Tzu - Verse 108, Part I

from Verse One Hundred Eight
In the general course of human life, attention should be minute, while aspiration should be great; knowledge should be round, while action should be straight; abilities should be many, while concerns should be few.
~ Wen-tzu: Understanding the Mysteries ~
I'm going to break away from my usual tact in attempting to explain or draw out a key point of this verse. Instead, I will let Lao Tzu explain what he means in regards to these pairs of opposites in the subsequent parts to be posted throughout the day.

Of course, I may throw in an observation or two...or I may not. We'll see. ;>)

This post is part of a series. For an introduction, go here.

1 comment:

  1. And 108 is an auspicious important number...

    Do you mean your usual "tact" or "tack?" A tactful tack?

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.