Monday, January 11, 2010

A New Book to Read

The past few weeks I've made an effort to add to my growing Taoist library. The book I received today is entitled Zhuangzi Speaks: The Music of Nature by Tsai Chih Chung and translated by Brian Bruya. It's a different sort of book in that it is a comic book depiction of the core portions of the Chuang Tzu.

It turns out that Chung is a very popular Taiwanese cartoonist who has a keen interest in philosophical Taoism. In flipping through the book, I can tell you that the drawings are really hilarious. What I will be most interested to see is if the text is illuminating. I'll let ya know! :>)

2 comments:

  1. Got that one for Xmas last year. so far it's pretty good, i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are delightful and well regarded books; I have the TTC as well as Zhaungzi. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.