Friday, January 1, 2010

Almost Five Years

At the end of this month, this blog will begin its sixth year of publication. Like many bloggers, I initially wasn't sure if this experiment in public publishing would last even one whole year, let alone five! But it's been a remarkable experience thus far, so I will keep on keep'n on.

On a statistical basis, 2009 was a banner year. Prior to that point, I had 30,555 visits and 39,066 page views spread over four years. Those numbers are understandable when you consider that I would sometimes write in a flurry for a period, then go a month or two between posts.

Since November 2008, I changed the way I approached my blog. Since I'm disabled, don't work and don't socialize much, the blog became my main avenue for reaching out into the world. Now, rarely a day goes by when I don't write one or more posts. In fact since November 2008, there have only been a mere handful of days that I have skipped completely.

In the calendar year 2009, this blog had 28,759 visits and 38,505 page views -- almost as much as the previous four years combined!! In the overall scope of things in the blogosphere, those still are piddly numbers, but they represent my piddle!

I just want to say thank you to each of you who stop by The Rambling Taoist from time to time. I especially want to thank all of you who have left one or more comments. Your words -- whether in agreement or not -- mean the world to me. Your thoughts and opinions have helped me to grow as a person.

I'm still working my way through the Wen Tzu. I don't expect to finish up until sometime in February or, maybe, March. After that, I do plan to tackle the Chuang Tzu at some point in 2010 and I've recently purchased several books on Taoism that will start to appear here more often as we near spring.

It's been quite a journey to this point and, as long as I'm able to type, I expect the journey to continue far into the future. I'm overjoyed that many of you have been so willing to walk with me.

8 comments:

  1. Hi R T -

    Wow - going in to your 6th year!! Congratulations. And from where I sit those are impressive numbers for visits and views. WOOHOO!!

    Nice to see you in 2010 - and yes, "keep on keep'n on...."

    Love Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your blog...I am working on 6 years on my blog too...Are we dinosaurs ?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on reaching 6 years of blogging and thanks for providing such insightful material.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. It does require an effort to maintain a blog (or much of anything really). Thanks for indulging my comments, observations and such.

    It does look like you are marking a cycle here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been blogging since 2003, but only about the Tao since 2005. I initially started blogging Tao since hardly anyone else was. I've enjoyed sharing those parts of our paths that we walk together following the Tao...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep up the great work. Have a happy New Year!

    ~Eric
    www.atlanteanconspiracy.com
    www.ericdubay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all your supportive comments. Paul asks if some of us are dinosaurs. In the age of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and texting, those of us who blog do seem a bit antiquated (in a modern sort of way). ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having just watched Google's introduction to WAVE, I can say that Blogging is still the way of the future.

    How we blog may change a bit - and the feedback may become considerably more instantanous but it's still very much "blogging".

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.