Thursday, September 24, 2009

Oh Soooo Clean

There's not a lot to do in the bathtub. Aside from examining the grout at eye level -- this can be highly interesting for an aspie -- I sometimes grab one of my wife's many hair products to read the witches' brew of ingredients. Mind you, I can't pronounce half of them and I haven't the foggiest notion of what most of them are.

I was reading such a label last night and here's a portion of one such mysterious list:
And the list just keeps going on and on and on!!

If a person didn't know I was listing ingredients from a certain shampoo product, he or she might guess these were all prohibited toxic substances. Of course, maybe they should be anyway!

Since Samson & Delilah, members of the human species have seemed totally preoccupied with the appearance of the hair on one's head.



Not moi. I sport a buzz cut. I don't ever have to comb it. I don't need to "brush it out". I don't spend hours in front of a mirror preening myself. And, when I wash all these little hairs, I use toxin-free castile soap.

How about you? Should your hair and scalp be labeled an environmental Superfund site?

1 comment:

  1. i have experimented with making soaps in the past year. soon, i'll try to figure out how to make my own shampoo. i know of people who simply use baking soda and raw eggs as shampoo, or people who buy the outrageously expensive "natural" shampoos. for now, i use the commercial stuff... but as always i plan to change that when i can find time to experiment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want. We may respond...or we may not. It depends on the mood and preferences of the specific author of the post. Ta-Wan generally responds in a timely manner. Trey responds some of the time and Scott rarely replies (due to limited internet access). You can be assured that all comments are read by this blog's two administrators: Ta-Wan & Trey.