Thursday, August 13, 2009

Older Voices Along the Path III

In this episode, we're back to a list of blogs that I had grievously neglected to highlight in the past.

Pondering the Myriad Things
A mish-mash of ramblings as I work towards a more sustainable lifestyle and take back my role of engaged citizen, with my emerging interest in Taoism and Buddhism as a backdrop.

Surfing the Tao
Striving to increase awareness of our spiritual natures as well as the news, technologies and agendas in our world which influence them. [Editor's note: This blog currently is not being updated, but has a treasure trove of good archives.]

Tao for Today

Modern takes on ancient wisdom.

The Contemporary Taoist
To be a Taoist means many things to many people. To be a practitioner of Contemporary Taoism simply means to have realised that we are all minute parts of an indescribably large Whole (the Tao), and to choose therefore to 'Flow Like Water' and live in a spontaneous, natural manner. This blog is about: Personal Growth / Spiritual Development as guided by the principles of Eastern Philosophy, particularly modern philosophical Taoism; Developing constructive habits and achieving success with minimal effort; Meditation - Taoist, Zen or otherwise. [Editor's note: Another blog that currently is not being updated, but has a treasure trove of good archives.]

The Layman's Tao
A new translation of the Tao Te Ching; by a layman, for laymen. [Editor's Note: Blog has not been updated since January 2007, but provides a very good analysis of the 19 verses of the TTC.]

The Path of Water
This site is dedicated to exploring the Tao and Philosophical Taoism; and how it relates to everyday modern life in the 21st Century. It also includes posts relating to how I feel Taoism can provide insights for dealing with the problems of everyday living.

The process of writing out my thoughts helps me to explore what I believe and why, so these posts will probably develop over time. I hope that you'll find this site interesting and, for those of you new to the Tao and Taoism, I hope that it can provide you with a first step on the path to a rich spiritual life. If you want to post comments relating to a post or the site as a whole I'd be grateful as all feedback is helpful.

The Tai Chi Notebook
What this site is about: With this blog my aim is to is provide quality information on the art of Tai Chi Chuan based mainly on the writing in the Tai Chi Classics, since these profound documents contain the condensed wisdom of the masters of the art.

The Tao of Cheese
Taoist ramblings in a capitalist world.

The Useless Tree
I have grown into a certain eclecticism. Almost twenty years ago I finished my Ph.D. at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and sallied forth into my first academic job at Georgetown, teaching Chinese politics and international relations. My dissertation was published (awful title: The Political Economy of China's Special Economic Zones) and I co-edited a reader (second awful title: The Theoretical Evolution of International Political Economy), and everything seemed to be progressing in a fairly typical manner.

A move to Williams College a few years later brought on a whole series of life changes: children, tenure, community service. Our first child, Aidan, was born profoundly disabled, and that has fundamentally transformed my world view, which I explain in my book, Aidan's Way. Margaret, our second child, is a fully abled eleven year-old actress, lacrosse goalie, animal lover, free spirit who loves her brother and family dearly. It was Aidan's experience, however, that has brought Chinese philosophy into my life. Hence the eclecticism: Chuang Tzu and North Korean nukes... we'll see how they hang together.

This Being Human
I've known monks and musicians, preachers and physicians, the religious, agnostic and atheist. This is one of the oldest Taoist links on TRT.

Wanderer Amongst Strangers
This is a site discussing my thoughts and meditations on Taoist themes and texts as I wander along the Way. [Editor's note: Blog hasn't been updated since October 2007.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.