Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tick, Tick, Tick

With completion comes fulfillment. With fulfillment comes liberation. Liberation allows you to go on. The sage understands that even death is not a true ending, but a continuation.
~ Today's Daily Quote from the TaoWoods Center ~

As anyone who frequently visits TRT knows, I feature quotes from the TaoWoods Center quite often. I think the person or persons who devise these pearls of wisdom do a great job! More often than not, I find resonance in what arrives in my in box each morning.

However, I'm not of a mind to agree or disagree with the thrust of today's quote. Why? Because I have no way of knowing whether or not death is part of a continuation. Death may be nothing more than a complete cessation of all we know OR it may merely be a pause along the way. It could even be something altogether different, something we have no way of describing nor comprehending.

Even further, the concept of continuing is based on another concept -- time. If time exists independent of human consciousness, then a belief in continuation makes sense. On the other hand, if time is merely a human construct to explain what can't really be explained, then what does continuation mean? It's based on a something that is nothing.

Put another way, if time doesn't exist, then continuation (or cessation) isn't anchored to a frame of reference. One can only continue from a beginning and if a beginning never happened, neither can a continuance.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful!

    You've got me hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome along for the ride! Hopefully, we can learn from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would look at as the world won't end when I die. Everything must continue forward. I'd like to think it only ends when the universe ends, and even then, it might start again (that rhymes) =)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.