Sunday, April 5, 2009

Worm Would

As I continue to till the ground by hand in what was once the center of my front yard, I've noticed that our dirt is home to scads of worms. Some of them are big, fat and juicy. Some are long and others short. They all seem to get along nonetheless.

I spent a good thirty minutes yesterday afternoon watching the worms move about. During that time, I didn't notice any of the worms declaring war against other worms. I didn't notice any of them giving important speeches or running for political office. I heard no discussions about economic bailouts or gay marriage. I saw no worms heading off to church nor praying to the all mighty worm. In fact, I didn't notice much at all except worms being worms.

Seems we humans could learn a lot from worms!

1 comment:

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.