Thursday, April 9, 2009

Are You Smarter Than Your Senator?

Below is another video from the same fellow who created the video in the previous entry. It contains a civics quiz that, he states, both our elected representatives and average citizens failed miserably. Political leaders averaged getting 44% of the questions correct, while average citizens did slightly better at 49%.

I took the test myself. I got 29 out of 33 answers correct for a percentage of 88%. Actually, up and until the last 3 questions, I had only missed two -- but I missed 2 of the last three. Darn! (For full disclosure, the questions I answered incorrectly were #7, #27, #31 & #33.)

Want to try your luck? Just be forewarned that whoever has the lowest score will need to stay after class to clean off the chalkboard! :-)

1 comment:

  1. 32 out of 33 for me - I missed question 11, darn it.

    The fact that I am more knowledgeable than the average congressperson is disconcerting, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.