Monday, March 9, 2009

Weird Weather Day

I awoke at 4:00 a.m. to...well you know...and it was snowing hard. I mean really hard. Huge flakes. Wind was blowing too. I went back to sleep.

I arose for the day around 9ish. The sky was partly cloudy. Then thick clouds rolled in and it started sleeting. It sleeted hard for about 45 minutes before it stopped.

The temperature rose a few degrees above freezing and the sun came out. The 1 - 1 1/2 inches of the snow and sleet melted. I thought that was that.

About an hour later, more thick clouds rolled in and the temperature dropped back below freezing. This time a hard snow-sleet combination came down and covered the landscape by about 1/2 inch.

At around 11:30, the sun came back, the temperature rose to 37 degrees and all the sleet melted. I thought that was that.

Around 1:00 p.m. it started snowing again. Of course, it didn't last long as the sun came out and melted the snow. By this point, I wasn't sure what to think. Good thing.

Just a little after 3:30 p.m., it started snowing yet again -- that melted too. This was repeated twice more before sundown.

Weird weather day in paradise.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know where you are, however here in the North Eastern United States March is like that, you never know what the weather is going to do. May you have sun and warmth today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like you could have been next door yesterday. You described our weather here in Connecticut perfectly. AMazing, huh?

    Love Gail
    peace....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. I don't know if it's a good thing when Connecticut and southwest Washington "enjoy" the same weather pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.