Sunday, January 29, 2006

Memo to Homeland Security

I know you folks at the Dept. of Homeland Security have developed an insatiable curiosity as to what kind of materials we potential threats (i.e., people who openly criticize and detest the [p]Resident) are checking out of our local libraries. To make your job a little easier, I'm going to share with you what library material I currently have in my possession plus, as an added bonus, the two items I have requested holds on.

Checked Out Items
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Eastern Philosophy by Jay Stevenson, Ph. D. (2000)
Meditations by Jiddu Krishnamurti (1979)
Mohandas Gandhi: Essential Writings Ed. John Dear (2002)
The Mystic Harp by Derek Bell (1996) Note: CD of Celtic Harp music
Nourishing the Essence of Life : The Outer, Inner, and Secret Teachings of Taoism by Eva Wong (2004)

Items On Request
The Jesus Sutras : Rediscovering the Lost Scrolls of Taoist Christianity by Martin Palmer (2001)
Tao in Ten by C. Alexander Simpkins (2002)

I realize this list is probably boring by your standards. Nothing about bombs or violence. Sorry to disappoint you.

1 comment:

  1. I see an awful lot of big words in those book titles. We're gonna have to keep a close watch on you :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.