Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Input Request

I am a utilitarian-type person. I tend to go with what works without much regard to its aesthetic appeal. For those of you who have frequented this blog for some time, this is no revelation! While I like the blog's current color scheme, I'm readily aware that it is probably not most people's cup of tea!

Since Ta-Wan and I are going to commit some time to redesign the whole shebang, I would like your input. I'm not suggesting we necessarily will employ every suggested proffered, but it would be good to know what you -- our readers -- like and don't like about blog designs and formats, in general.

So, if you have an opinion, please share it in the comments section.

6 comments:

  1. Maybe, along with descriptions, a link to blogs, colour schemes, images and so on will be very inspirational too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very much like the simplicity, that you can start reading immediately, there is no scrolling down to get past a giant blog header.

    Thank you for this blog, it is one I read on a regular basis.

    Very happy when Baroness Radon began contributing, as I am an estrogen creature, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could use more graphics and a banner. You should definitely try to make a logo or something and add a more decorative font for the header. It would look much more appealing then just the plain orange and yellow color scheme. I doesn't really matter to me, I read all of you posts through my RSS reader.

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you could do what some blogs do, and have previews for posts that you click "read more" for the full article if the first part grabs you. Similar to what's going on here:

    http://blog.sustainablog.org/

    I think it might help deal with the volume of posts you have here.

    Also, my eyes might appreciate some more neutral colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gild the lily
    1. To adorn unnecessarily something already beautiful.
    2. To make superfluous additions to what is already complete.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a few suggestions.

    1. Consider putting blog roll on separate page to speed up front page load speed.

    2. Develop a mobile version of the site. ( I am reading this with an iPad)

    That is IF these things are possible with blogger.

    Above all....keep writing good posts. Love this blog.

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.