Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Chase Those Blues Away

Often, when any of us feels down, blue and depressed, one of the best ways to chase away those low feelings is to listen to a rousing bit of music. On some such days, I'll break out an album by Boston, John Mellencamp, Neil Young or Cher. However, more often than not, I reach for a selection from my classical library.

While there are countless options to choose from, my favorite is the William Tell Overture by Rossini. After listening to it, it's hard not to want to go out and grab the world by its tail! If you're having a down day or you simply would like to get your blood streaming those veins, here's the finale via YouTube.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the way the oboe and flute dance together in the beginning of the piece! And then when the percussion and strings come in... well... let's just say that's some serious ass-kicking music!

    Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer more feisty music.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzyi3C4gNnE&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Spanish ballades & classical music. I absolutely love Mozart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Val,
    Silly me. I thought the opening was between a clarinet and a flute. However, after doing a little research, ya taught me something today. That weren't no clarinet at all; twas the oboe. :)

    Temaskian,
    Music, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. While I certainly enjoyed watching the video link you provided, "feisty" is not the word that comes to my mind. ;)

    Lorena,
    I love almost all classical music, Mozart most definitely included.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.